My Photo
Name:
Location: Vienna, Austria, Austria

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Last night I read a book.

I can't remember the title, but it was about the development of society and literature in Haiti, rather stressing the literary aspect. It contained lots of text samples, mostly poems, in English translation, but also large bits of an epic poem in Haitian Creole, strong on Voodoo mythology, by an author whose name was "Al4nvar Mouanga" or something like that. (Yes, there was a 4 in the middle of his name.)
Needless to say, neither does the book really exist, nor does any of the authors that are mentioned in it. I dreamt it all - though it didn't feel like a dream while it lasted! My subconscious made up a whole literature, and a language too - because the Creole of the dream book was not at all like real Haitian Creole. Minds do weird stuff while we sleep, don't they.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Bones said...

Oh, to have such vivid dreams.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello
by chance I found your blog
and I liked what I read
I once remember having dreamed of a manuscript of Luther

sweet dreams
bye

4:04 PM  
Blogger wheatgerm said...

seems like an interesting subject

7:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

4:39 AM  
Blogger Darma Yoga said...

Nice Post....
visit my website,,, for hotels reservation
www.balinesehotel.com

7:01 AM  
Blogger strat said...

Thanks for sharing. Im thinking of buying a copy too.

dc auto glass replacement

5:28 AM  
Blogger sourabh gupta said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ich kann mich nicht an den Titel erinnern, aber es war über die Entwicklung der Gesellschaft und Literatur in Haiti, und nicht unter Hinweis auf die literarische Aspekt.

fifa-munzen.de

FIFA 15 Münzen

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting book you read last night. Sounds a bit strange.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home