My Photo
Name:
Location: Vienna, Austria, Austria

Friday, July 14, 2006

many things begin with m

many things begin with m. unless you are illiterate,
you really can't deny that many things begins with an m.

such as mouth, and mouse, mammoth and mastodon,
mammals, motherhood and the mucous membranes.

mass begins with m, and so does mask, mystification,
myrtle, magic, marihuana and missionary.

murder mysteries always begin with an m, so do menuets,
musicals, melons, mint drops and marmalade tarts.

mozart began with an m, and still does; mendelssohn
never dropped his, neither will mahler - or madonna.

there's an m at the head of malawi and mosambique,
mexico and moldavia, milano, marburg and madrid.

m is moderate, m is mollifying. m is mellifluous,
m is magnificent, m is massive. i say, m is a mouthful.

m might be mariological, might be muslim; m might be mean
or marvellous, made of marble or marzipan - my o my:

m is mousse au chocolat, m is mango juice, m is mead,
m is mixed fruit salad, m is mocca, m is mustard,

m is many things more: m is masala, marsala, maki,
moussaka, muesli, maple syrup, malt sugar,

m is messily munchable. m is the malabar coast,
m is madras, m is malayalam; m makes me majnoon.

m is masterful, m is monarch of my marrow; m makes
my mind manic or melancholy. m's mark is on me,

i am all m's, m is all i am; may m be merciful on me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger caru said...

oh, i certainly could. i was planning to make notes of what happens on Heldenplatz during 24 hours... but i can make it the Ringstraße, if you like, just for fun :-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Marlies said...

Great post. Things with M are just mmmmmmmarvelous. Just like Marlies (me) and Martijn (Marlies'boyfriend) and my mama but I also love my father and brother (Mob and Meter).. :)

3:04 AM  
Blogger caru said...

rotterdam seems to have its share of nice m-s too.

though i really meant some other m. i've got an m-mania these days...

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home